After travelling around Bali for a short time, I was able to compile a little ‘places you should go check out’ list when visiting. I’m sure there are heaps of other great places to see, and I’m sure you’ll find all the obvious spots from your hotel tour guide, but for me, travelling is about discovering the little spots off the main strip, that give you a real taste of the country you are visiting. With that in mind, here are my top 5 places to visit in Bali.
The obligatory hotspots, that everyone will tell you include places like; Potatohead Beach Club, the W Bar, Ku De Ta, the Night Safari and I’m sure many more.
My personal recommendations are;
- Mexicola – a super cute themed bar, that has fun fancy dress nights.
- Nalu Bowls – Words can’t even describe how these healthy bowls taste, check the photo, and find the location on my Instagram.
- Shelter – upstairs from Nalu Bowls, great for brekkie or lunch.
- John Hardy – This one is right in the middle of nowhere, but this jewellery flagship showroom is built entirely from bamboo, and has an incredible ecologically friendly approach to it’s entire business.
- Lacalita – If you are in Canggu (go for the intense surfing), have a Mojito here after. Tiny bar, coolest vibe ever. Great locals.