They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but more often than not, in the past I’ve found myself preparing a very rushed breakfast, or in pressing times, I’ve simply skipped the meal entirely.
It makes sense though right? You’ve woken up late, you’ve jumped in the shower and frantically tried to put a semi-presentable outfit together before rushing to the office, all the while thinking: “I don’t need to eat, I’ll just grab a coffee at work…”
Last year I hired a nutritionist to help me get my diet back on track, and the first thing he made very clear, was the importance of breakfast. For my body type (yes, all bodies are different) ensuring I eat a meal at the start of the day is key to kickstarting my metabolism and burning energy well all day. Now, I’m not a professional in this space, so I highly recommend if you decide to take on a strict diet or training regime (like I did in preparation for my wedding) that you consult a PT or professional nutritionist.
These are a few of the breakfasts that I integrated in to my diet to ensure I hit my macros on a daily basis as well as fuelled my body with healthy veggies and carbs.
- 1 x medium Banana
- 1 x Large Egg
- 1 scoop of Morlife Beauty Protein (Double Choc)
- 30g of Organic Oats
- Topped with grilled banana and a drizzle of maple syrup
Quark and tomato toast topper
- 1 slice of Pure Life Organic Sprouted Bread Ezekiel 4:9
- 1 tablespoon of Barambah Organics Quark
- A handful of tomato medley
- Fresh Chives
- Salt & Pepper
- Topped with a bunch of snowpea sprouts
- 40g serve of Carman’s Natural 5 Grain and Super Seed Porridge
- Mayver’s Protein Peanut Butter
- Macro Black and white Chia Seeds
- Macro Hemp Seeds
- Drizzle with Manuka Honey
I hope this was helpful, if you make these breakfasts, please tag me in your posts so I can see them!